The NWOS Is Holding A Potting Clinic At The Volunteer Park Conservatory
Sat Mar 19 from 11 am – 2 pm
1400 E Galer St, Seattle, WA 98112
Bring up to three average sized orchids to our Annual Potting Clinic at the lower greenhouse at The Volunteer Park Conservatory, follow the driveway to the right of the main greenhouse down to the lower greenhouse. Admission is Free for NWOS members and $15 for non-members, which can be applied towards becoming a member.
This clinic has always been popular. Our most experienced members give expert advice on all aspects of re-potting your orchids:
- Determining whether and when your orchid needs to be repotted. This can vary by species and time of year.
- Diagnosing potting problems, such as root loss and decomposition of potting mixes, overpotting and under-potting.
- Choosing the right pot type and size.
- What’s the best potting mix for your particular orchid.
- Can it be mounted?
- How your environment and watering habits can affect these choices.
Come with questions, get some answers. Bring up to three plants. Then add some hands-on experience, with guidance from our volunteer members. Potting media and some pots will be available on site.
It’s a night of fun and learning, and your orchids will thank you.
Masks are required.