The NWOS Is Holding A Potting Clinic At The UW Center For URban Horticulture
Sat May 7 from 11 am – 2 pm
3501 NE 41st St, Seattle, WA 98105
Bring up to three average sized orchids to the Potting Clinic held in the Douglas Classroom at the UW Center For Urban Horticulture.
The Douglass Classroom is below the main parking lot next to the greenhouses.
Admission is Free for NWOS members and $15 for non-members, which can be applied towards becoming a member.
These clinics have always been popular. Our most experienced members give expert advice on all aspects of re-potting your orchids:
- Determining whether and when your orchid needs to be repotted. This can vary by species and time of year.
- Diagnosing potting problems, such as root loss and decomposition of potting mixes, over-potting and under-potting.
- Choosing the right pot type and size.
- What’s the best potting mix for your particular orchid.
- Can it be mounted?
- How your environment and watering habits can affect these choices.
Come with questions, get some answers. Bring up to three plants. Then add some hands-on experience, with guidance from our volunteer members. Potting media and some pots will be available on site.
It’s an afternoon of fun and learning, and your orchids will thank you.